2023 Sequoyah Children’s Masterlist
Students in grades 3rd-5th will choose the best children’s book in Oklahoma! Read at least 3 books from this list and to be eligible to vote. Voting will take place in march.
- The Memory Thief by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- The House That Wasn’t There by Elana K. Arnold
- The Night Ride by J. Anderson Coats
- The Beatryce Prophecy by Kate DiCamillo
- The Secret Starling by Judith Eagle
- The Lion of Mars by Jennifer L. Holm
- Stella by McCall Hoyle
- Mystery on Magnolia Circle by Kate Klise
- Sprouting Wings: The True Story of James Herman Banning, the First African American Pilot to Fly Across the United States by Louisa Jaggar and Shari Becker
- A Kind of Spark by Elle McNicoll
- The Stuff Between the Stars: How Vera Rubin Discovered Most of the Universe by Sandra Nickel Simon B. Rhymin’ by Dwayne Reed
- The Last Rabbit by Shelley Moore Thomas Code Breaker, Spy Hunter: How Elizebeth Friedman Changed the Course of Two World Wars by Laurie Wallmark
- Long Lost by Jacqueline West
For more information about this book award, visit the OLA website.