Rachelle Lisle was selected as Ida Freeman’s 2020-2021 Teacher of the Year! Mrs. Lisle is a kindergarten teacher. Mrs. Lisle has been teaching at Ida Freeman since 2016. Her goal for students is to ensure that every single student leaves her class knowing that they are loved and that they have the potential to change the world.
Get to Know Mrs. Lisle
How long have you been teaching?
- This is my fifth year! I have been teaching at Ida Freeman since 2016.
What made you want to teach?
- Growing up in Edmond, my teachers had an enormous impact on me as a person. I always appreciated the fact that my teachers viewed me as a person, not only a student. I feel like teachers have the opportunity to change the entire course of someone’s life, and I love having the opportunity to inspire confidence in my students every single day.
What’s your favorite thing about being a teacher?
- I love the relationships I have with my students. It is hands down the best part of teaching.
If you could put something on every school marquee in the world for one day, what would it be?
- “We all have something within us that this world needs.”
What is something you’d like to be automatically good at?
- I would love to be good at singing!
What piece of advice do you want to pass along to your students?
- Always have high expectations for yourself. If you believe you can do it and are willing to work hard for it, you will succeed.