Shelayna Knott was selected as Ida Freeman’s 2019-2020 Teacher of the Year! Mrs. Knott is a fourth grade teacher at Ida Freeman. Mrs. Knott has been teaching at Ida Freeman since 2015. Her goal for students in her classroom is to know that they are loved and welcomed.
Get to Know Mrs. Knott
How long have you been teaching?
- This is my fifth year! I have been teaching at Ida Freeman since 2015.
What made you want to teach?
- My elementary school teachers made an impact on my decision to become a teacher. They always made learning fun and engaging.
What’s your favorite thing about being a teacher?
- My favorite thing about being a teacher is seeing when students get a concept they have been struggling with.
If you could put something on every school marquee in the world for one day, what would it be?
- Be the change you want to see in the world.
What is something you’d like to be automatically good at?
- I would love to automatically be good at drawing!
What piece of advice do you want to pass along to your students?
- You can achieve anything you put your mind too!