Ida Freeman Feature Teacher
Kim Mula, 2nd Grade Teacher
How long have you been teaching & where?
- This is my 15th year teaching. I taught my first year in OKC, then moved to Edmond.
What is your favorite thing about teaching?
- There are so many! Getting to know my students, being a part of their lives, hearing them talk about something I’ve taught them, and seeing their successes!
What is the funniest thing you have had to do while teaching?
- I have chased a mouse around the classroom, with scream kids, to try and trap it in a trashcan.
What is the strangest thing you have had to do while teaching?
- Tell a student to stop putting things in their nose.
What is your goal for your students?
- For my students to learn that learning is fun and can be rewarding! I want my students to enjoy learning and become lifelong learners.